Thursday, December 18, 2008

SNOWPOCOLYPSE

We had record breaking snow today. The most EVER in history here. After 3 hours straight of shoveling snow by myself, my whole body cramped up and I couldn't move. The snow was so high I couldn't throw it high enough over the piles I had made anymore anyway. It was time to call it quits.

So I went inside to fix lunch and my whole body was shaking from fatigue...something I have never experienced. I couldn't lift the bag of tortillas onto the counter! I shed a few tears mainly out of shock at how my body had become so disabled I couldn't lift a bag of tortillas! I see how people die shoveling snow every year.

Their were 6 neighbors with snow blowers buzzing all around me and the only ones shoveling were men or teenage boys. I am THE WOMAN! The only woman out in my neighborhood in this stuff anyway. Look at what I did by myself with a shovel. My masterpiece:

These cuties helped for about 5 minutes and got too tired. Sarah proceeded to dig a 15 foot long tunnel with a friend. Which was fine with me because I love to see them have fun! Plus, I was feeling like I could conquer the world. And I did.


What is snow without a batch of my famous "snow ice cream" (just add a ton of sugar, a drop of vanilla, and some condensed milk...but I just add sugar because it's the easiest)? The kids always beg me to make it:
And this is how we finished our day. Ava waves, "Goodnight!"

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

I really really really wish I could say that I miss it... but... I just can't... because if it was just for that one weekend, it would be ok. But it is not. It will be there until MAY!

jessica said...

You are SUPERWOMAN! I was out there shoveling too, but not nearly as much as you...

Bridget said...

wow. You are amazing! That is a LOT of snow and I remember what hard work that is. Living in Massachusetts we would get storms with 3 or 4 feet at a time. I had to be at work by 7AM. Yeah, not fun.

Rebecca said...

WOW.. that amount of snow is amazing, and to think you shoveled it.. I always knew you were one tough cookie.. but this proves it, even if you couldn't lift a bag of chips!!! Impressive.. how sore were you the next day??

Leah said...

Yes...my back is sore today!

The Grant Family said...

I'm so glad you took a picture. That is REALLY impressive! I you are amazing!