Ava is now officially potty trained as of this week!!! She wears panties all day. Yes, she still has a couple of accidents here and there, but I am thinking this is awesome as my last will leave the diaper realm. Alleluia! I am SO ready to have older children. I feel so ready to have all of my kids get on their own seat belts. I want to play WITH them, right along side them rather than help them every second. Bike rides, swimming, tennis, roller blading, hiking, etc. Hard to do with toddler/preschooler aged children.
I am really having fun on my one on one dates with the big kids because we can do these things and I never have to worry that someone is going to run away and get lost or get in major danger any second. Sometimes I feel that Chad and Sarah are missing out because it's like I'm a working mom and can't be there for them because I have to tend to the little ones. No one tells you this stuff when you are planning to have a large family. Of course the joys outweigh the challenges as always. But how I wish there were 4 of me!
Sarah stunned me this week. She did ballet at the ward talent show. We didn't choreograph anything, I just told her to feel the music and dance. Her grace and beauty were breathtaking. Ballet is an art form that brings tears to my eyes like seeing the beauty of the ocean or grandeur of the mountains or serenity of the most beautiful music in the world. It is a gift from Heaven.
5 comments:
WOW. That would be amazing. Actually, I think about having older potty trained kids every day! I am ready too, but I am trying to enjoy this last baby.
Beautiful words about Sarah's ballet. Awesome.
I'm with ya! We started potty training Ryan but have been slacking lately. I've never had two in diapers for so long before, and I'm ready to have NONE in diapers. Ellie has turned one and the past two weeks had started gaining toddler attitude. My baby is gone...sniff sniff.
I wish I could see Sarah dance. Sounds divine! You're so lucky to find activities that she's such a natural at.
Dance really is beautiful. GOod for Sarah!
I totally agree about the breathtaking grace and beauty of ballet. How amazing that Sarah could pull it off impromptu like that. Have you let her read your blog? She would love to hear how proud you are of her, I'm sure.
Congrats on the panties. It's a big accomplishment. I remember those days always hoping that "this box would be the LAST box of Pull-ups". The day finally came, but I had lots of "wishfully last boxes" before that. I love to play with my kids too. Having them grow up is fun. I'm glad to hear that you enjoy your children.
You are a wonderful mom. And even though there are not 4 of you, you are enough. You are MORE than enough. You give of yourself so abundantly to each of your children. You teach me a lot about being a mom.
what a great mom and example you are!!! I love being out of the diaper age and you put it all so well.. we are having fun enjoying life with them instead of chasing them.. I am sure you see the fun the future holds!!!
Post a Comment