Friday, March 26, 2010

Do I Have To?

My Home

Do I HAVE to make a new post? If I do the picture of my stick-straight new hair cut will no longer greet me as I pull up my blog. And it is very fitting now that I have to kiss my straight hair goodbye! We're officially moving to the suburbs of west Houston, and the humidity will force me to have big crazy afro hair.

Russ accepted a job offer with BMC Software. A total career change. A huge leap of faith. Leaving my family, the trees, the lakes, the rivers, friends like family, a dreamy neighborhood and everything we love and cherish. What in the heck are we doing?????? I could kick myself in the bum.


I have been in such a state of gratitude for SO SO many years now. I could live and die with my dated kitchen with the teapot backsplash. I am just so grateful for it. I love my home. I need nothing more. I was planning on raising my family here.

Today I have mentally checked out. Already downed a huge bag of popcorn staring off into space and took an accidental nap on the couch with 8 children swirling all around me. I've never done that before! I've got to get with the program because my to do list is so long I wonder if it is achievable. Mom and Dad have helped so much...they have saved me!!!!

For now, I will choose not to think about it because denial is a great way to keep back the tears.

8 comments:

The Grant Family said...

Ahhh....you poor thing! You need a great big hug and a big cry to just let all of those feelings out. I'm so sorry that you have to leave "heaven." I'm sure if I lived by my parents I'd feel the same. (((hug))) Take care and call me if you need to talk. Love ya!

Emily said...

It truly is heaven there. I have experienced those same feelings when we've moved. I think that is a sign of whole heartedly integrating yourself. I would easily believe that there will be many who will miss you just as much- a piece of heaven leaves with you.

You can take the girl out of the mountains, but you can't take the mountains out of the girl. Plus a few other things, right?

cher said...

Oh my Leah. I wish I could be there to help you and give you lots of hugs and encouragement. Try to remember that your loving Father in Heaven will support you through this crazy and stressful change. Everyone who gets to know you will love you, so I know that you'll find 'home' in Texas as well, it will just be hard to leave your heavenly situation where you are. I LOVE YOU!

Lindsey said...

I am sorry. That is how I felt AFTER we found out about the stuff AFTER our move! I am sorry. Keep praying. Peace will come. Hopefully. :)

Shane, Meg, CJ, RJ, and AL said...

I totally felt that way leaving Utah and coming to the desert! Now, I love it here and feel like we could raise our children here and never leave! I think it will take a period of adjustment, of course, but I hope you will feel peace in Houston, even if not immediately. It's true, everyone you meet will fall in love with you because I don't know anyone who can help loving your sweet little self! We're praying for you guys! xoxo

Rebecca said...

Leah, my heart breaks for you! I can't say I totally understand, have moved every 3 years my whole life (until we moved here) and we don't live near family.. it will be hard to leave it all. But feel those emotions.. don't bottle them up, its okay to be sad, mad, etc. means you care.. let it all go.. feel it, then face it head on! Like everyone else has said.. you will make the next place a home, you will love it in due time!! Change is hard, but you are surrounded by lots of love and support!!!!

jessica said...

I am so sorry. I just watched one of my BFF's drive off into the sunset today. They moved to Utah. It's so hard to see people I love so much move on. I know Heavenly Father has a plan and clearly you guys are needed in Texas :(

HUGS TO YOU!

Lindsay said...

Love the hair! Congrats on your job...so bittersweet. Lucky Texas though. I miss 'home' too but I've found my heart's just grown to love both places and even more people. I'll be thinking of you!