Sunday, December 26, 2010

Our Newest Tradition

 Kids woke up to a wall of wrapping paper.  8 beady eyes peeking through the cracks, begging to come down.  On the count of three...
And the magic began!

Earlier in the week... 
These were our neighbor gifts.  A pain in the bum.  Russ stirred carmel for an hour and a half.  Doubt I'll do this one again!  But VERY delish.

Sarah goofing off with her chocolate wrapper on teeth trick learned from Gma Linda.

On Christmas Eve...
We played girls against boys pictionary and it was awesome...perfect fun for all ages!  This is Ava's Santa Claus.  The boys won but it was a good fight. 
We sung carols and said 6 times, "This is the last song."  But it's so hard to stop!

Mom was supposed to bring ham and a vegetable...she brought 10 dishes!  It was all delish.



The kids each said it was their best Christmas ever.  I let them ask for just one present, so any more on top of that are all surprises.  They're never disappointed.  Strangely, Sarah asked for nothing!  She had no idea what she wanted, but loved her gifts.  Chad got nerf guns, a Wii game, and a skateboard; Sarah got shirts, a violin, earrings, and a scrapbook kit; Ava got a pillow pet, a motion sensored cat;  Alyssa got Barbie Video Girl and aqua sand.  And what in the heck was I thinking with the Aqua Sand?  That stuff is only a class 10 disaster in the highest degree...but I say only nice moms let their kids play with that stuff.  Even though I've now limited it to 2 days a week!

The kids for weeks had been making each other gifts.  Sarah didn't make mine...but instead wrapped some candy bars, 85 cents, and a note attached that read..."I snuck these onto the conveyor belt at Fred Meyer and here's the money to pay you back for your present!"  I never even noticed.

It was a Merry Christmas.

3 comments:

The Grant Family said...

I love seeing all the pictures of your Christmas. Makes me feel like I got to be there for a minute :). I love the candy bar sneek thing...so creative of her to think of that and pull it off!

cher said...

So many fun posts to read! You absolutely excel at creating memorable and fun moments for your family. Oh that I could be more like you!!

Happy New Year!

Emily said...

Ah, the wrapping paper wall. We did it again, for the 12th year in a row, and in the middle of the night we were asking ourselves why we ever started it since we were up until 4:30 am doing Santa. But how can you stop, it's so awesome!!
Go Sara with a new violin, and yay you for limiting the sand to two days.
You were busy for Christmas!! Merry Christmas, my friend Leah.