Sunday, December 18, 2011

Kissing Santa

Doesn't a girl always fall for a guy in uniform? It seemed so scandalous yet so legal at the same time.

The next day a guy said, "You freaked some of the kids out when they saw you kissing Santa."  Oops!  I hope he was kidding.  That certainly was not my intention.  But I couldn't help it and thought no one was looking. 
Russ was super jolly and in character for the 130 kids that sat on his lap.  The crying/screaming toddlers made for hilarious pictures.  Ava and Alyssa have never believed in Santa anyway (not my fault!) so they thought it was way too fun that Dad was Santa and their friends couldn't figure it out.



Moving on...

Russ went to bed for the night tonight and it's 5 o'clock!  And he's not even sick.  Poor guy has been working long hours and sleeping few.  But he fixed my toilet yesterday and I am a happy girl.  He's not really into home repair so when he had toilet parts and tubes laying all over yesterday, I was incredibly impressed he stepped out of his comfort zone and saved a toilet.  Speaking of home repair, I'm determined to learn how to tile and have started the demo process.  I am totally biting off more than I can chew with this one!

My poor kids.  My poor blog deprived kids.  They have been heart broken on a weekly basis that they can't read new posts about their adventures.  They are my eternal blog-beggars.  Wishing I took more time to record their earthly journey.  Well kids...this is for you!!!!

The 4 month recap for family history sake...

Sarah is now taller than me!  These lake photos are all from our bi-annual girls' day out while the guys go to priesthood session.





We love it when the guys go to priesthood session because we get to PAR-TAY.

Drove 34 hours by myself to an AMAZING wedding and it was SO worth it!  FAMILY=HEAVEN.
 Alyssa opened her bday presents on the wedding day.


 Me, Mom, and Dad at the Folsom, CA, temple.
 Awww!!!
 Cousins!
 Cousins!
Dad and Sarah dancing.
 The dancing was SO fun and they even picked some songs on the playlist because we came (like "Hey Juliette!")  So sweet.

I shed a couple of tears during this dance with Dad. It was a very sweet moment as we reminisced about my wedding and how we just love each other forever.
Angel sister, Kim, and Scott...mother/father of the bride!  What a massive undertaking.  It was all perfect. Kim fed 300 people!  It was gorgeous and she was delightful under massive amounts of stress.  Always happy!  So many great moments like when Scott melted down and cried, sobbed, happy tears as he watched the bride and groom dance.  And I got the PRIVILEGE of assisting the bride/groom for their photo shoot because Kim was too busy cooking/shopping.  That was so fun at the temple with the lovebirds!
If I could spend every second of every day of every year with my sisters I would!!!!!  My bffs forever.  I didn't get too many pictures of Kim because she was SO busy hosting!

  I was deathly ill the whole 17 hour drive home and it was a miracle I made it without dying or sleeping.  I was in bed for 2 weeks straight which made me the worst mother ever and poor Alyssa missed her birthday party.  Still have to make that one up!

First day of school happened...
7th grade
2nd grade
Kindergarten!  I was thinking I would be having a big party for myself every day but instead I'm usually cleaning the house or taking a nap for those 2 hours. 
I remember hobbling out to the porch to take these pictures, couldn't talk or think I was so sick!  I was so sick I didn't get Alyssa cutified and she wore some faded maybe dirty clothes first day of school. 

My very sweet in-laws came up to visit for Alyssa's baptism.  One of the most embarrassing moments of my life being so ill in front of them.  I couldn't even fake smile for several days.  But I hope they forgive me for being the worst host ever.  They made up for all the love I couldn't give because I was in bed.



Alyssa loves duck tape!

One time I coughed for half an hour straight throwing up several times, writhing on the floor in a puddle of tears and other stuff and Russ sat there beside me the whole time lovingly with his hand on my back.  That is TRUE love!

After our pup Lacey died (one of the worst experiences of our life..we still cry), we were overwhelmed with love from friends.  Lots of treats and hugs were given.  And it was like a gift from Heaven...Sarah's favorite dancers came to a town nearby so she could look forward to this in the midst of her pain.  We had such a great time and were on cloud 9 with the So You Think You Can Dance dancers.  Absolutely inspiring and hilarious.

Now this half of the recap book is over for now!

5 comments:

The Grant Family said...

Sarah is taller than you!!! How tall are you anyway? So funny that I don't even know! I'm going to guess you're 5'4". Hmmm. Anyway, Catie is growing like a weed too! We measured her the other day and she's grown an inch since September. That's 1 inch in 3 months!!! She tends to grow 3" per year, it's just so crazy to see! Loved, loved, loved all the pictures and hearing what you've been up to. It makes me understand why the kids beg for blog posts! Love ya!!!

The Grant Family said...

Oh, and I forgot to mention. That kiss with Santa looks hightly scandelous!!!!

Rebecca said...

Love the update..you have other followers.. :) Sounds like a rough patch for you..glad you are feeling well..Those kids grow like weeds..my kids have a lot of height to conqure before they are taller than us..but Broderick is almost there.. (slow growers here!!) its crazy to see..but your family is growing up so beautifuly!! Thanks for the update..and I love the song "I saw mommy kissing Santa Claus"!

Kim said...

LEAHHHHHH! I am in blog heaven because I just got to read your blog. I've missed it too. We allllll love your blog. Please keep them coming. I love the pictures from the wedding and your sweet words.

Scott sometimes asks me, "What would make you happy?" I always just say, "I AM happy. I don't need much. I have a great life." But after seeing my family for the wedding, I've come to the conclusion that if I wanted to spoil myself, it would be to spend time with my family. I am on cloud nine when I am with you all! Scott says that I truly sparkle when I am with you.

So, with that, I've decided that I have to make it a priority to have Leavitt family time. Maybe a girls' getaway once a year--at least every other year.

I love you little sis. You are on remarkable chicka!!!! And I agree with your kids. Keep blogging!

Kim said...

. . ."one" remarkable chicka . . .