Monday, November 17, 2008

Karate and Cats

I was shocked when one of my dear friends told me that my blog inspires her. It made me feel like my blog is not portraying the real me, the real stuff that happens every day. It captures just a wee snipit of my days and I choose to post mainly happy positive stuff. My blog even inspires me! :)
.
I have left out the fighting, the tears, the survival mode chaos that can happen to all stressed out moms. Maybe I should be including that stuff? I haven't been brave enough to bare my soul.
.
But alas...I will share a bit. I cried the whole way home from karate the other day because it is so hard to see my son struggle and some days at karate are REALLLLLY hard. I have wanted to quit karate ever since we started many years ago, but I am in awe that this is even possible for Chad who struggles with the very things they require of him. So I am always torn between being grateful and despising it. We have chosen to stick with it until black belt because the hard things are what build character and strength. Winners never quit, and quitters never win. Chad already has so much to be proud of.

***

On a much more positive note, here are some random photos from events this last week...

Half a jar of apple sauce is what happens when Ava pours her own stuff...




I grew up with Boboli pizza and have joyously rediscovered it. Alyssa makes it all by herself: And even my 2 year old can make it by herself! Although it goes like this...handful of cheese on pizza...handful in mouth...handful on pizza...handful in mouth...stir sauce and cheese all together...then mom bakes.





Sarah sings in a performing choir. It was the most spiritual experience I've ever had on Veteran's Day. I bawled like a baby as each veteran announced when/where they served. It was completely overwhelming and words cannot describe the love I have for these brave men and women who I thank for my freedoms. And Sarah sung like an angel.



I L-I-V-E for my one on one dates. They are my favorite part of my week and the whole world seems to be in order when we go and I am the happiest mom on earth. Alyssa's choice this week was the cat shelter. Ava and Russ are deathly allergic so we soak this all in.


4 comments:

The Grant Family said...

A blog is what you make of it....highlights or low points. I think it's cool that you're an inspiration to people....you are to me!!! I know the 4 kids aren't always easy but you really give it your all and have come up with some great ideas like the one-on-one dates. Now that's an inspiration to me! I think it's so amazing that you and Chad have stuck with karate. Amazing that you keep pushing forward, even when it's tough. What an amazing lesson to not quit. That is as much as a lesson as the karate is, I think. Good for you Leah and keep up the hard work!!!

Bridget said...

Way to keep it real, Leah! I love the one on one time with my kids too.That's great you let your girls do the Boboli.

Lindsey said...

Wow, once a week with each kid? I don't know how you do it. That is amazing. Maybe when we are out of baby mode, I will be able to accomplish that!

Rebecca said...

So you are human!! Just teasing you.. its not as easy to admit the tough stuff.. or its not picture worthy.. but it happens and we are human, and you stories do inspire.. with out the downs in life the ups would not be as great.. and we are blessed to have family that is loving and supportive!! Keep up the great work!! You are amazing! Oh ya.. just remembered a funny tid bit.. about Russ and "special occasions"