Friday, May 28, 2010

Heroes and a must read book...

Scott Leavitt, US Army Combat Soldier.
After his first fire fight. Smiling. They survived.

I can't stop thinking about our soldiers. I love them. They are risking everything for us, for our country.

The Navy Seals of Operation Red Wing that fought braver than the brave and gave their lives for us, for their brothers.

I stayed up until 2am reading "Lone Survivor" about the Navy Seals of Operation Red Wing. It is a must read for all of us!!!! My heart is so full. We have so much to learn from these heroes!!! Courage, sacrifice, brotherhood, love, hard work, hard work, hard work, patience, persistence, strength, endurance, honor.

This Memorial Day my prayer is that we all take time out to honor our fallen soldiers, their families, teach our children. I plan on writing letters to some survivors/families of the fallen and have a program. (I am the Program Queen after all.) One year we visited a beautiful veteran's cemetery that puts hundreds of full size flags up. It was breathtaking.

Afghan mountains.

I am so grateful my nephew is home safe from the dangerous mountain region of the Pakistan/Afghan border. The same place of Operation Red Wing where all those Navy Seals bravely fought in unimaginable ways. But I know that is a sacred place because many brave men have died there fighting badly wounded, never giving up, giving their lives for their brothers.
Thank you to all our soldiers and families this Memorial Day and EVERY DAY, EVERY HOUR, EVERY MINUTE! We love you, we honor you.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I vote your blog my favorite post about Memorial Day that I've read. So inspiring and spot on about what Memorial Day is really about. Can I come to your program? :)