
Ava eating some serious dirt.

Alyssa giving it all she's got!


I had never EVER heard of or seen Mutton Bustin'. The girls wanted to try it, and after it started I was like, "Oh (insert any g-rated expletive you choose...Chad would say 'fish paste'). What did I get them into?!"
Maybe the protective gear already covered in dirt should have given it away.

Maybe the tough as nails professional bull riders with chew in their lips should have given me a clue.
The sheep bust out of the gate like a wild mustang running for his life. They lived. They loved it. Some kids came away with handfuls of wool. More than half of the kids leave the arena crying, most getting slammed to the ground pretty hard. My girls were tough. They didn't shed a tear. And want to do it again.
Sadly I missed Ava's ride on video!

Ava rockin' it!

Wah-bam! She slammed to the ground much harder than Alyssa, but they both had great rides.

Covered in dirt.

I got my annual fried Twinkie at the fair. Delish.


Chad, the bacon lover of the universe, got fried bacon. He then showered me with hugs and praise. Food is always the way to his heart.
The end of the night was our very first rodeo with champion bull riders from all over the country. Russ came late and rescued his freezing family with blankets and coats as we immersed ourselves in a whole new culture. Those bull riders are tough. (And so are my girls!)
5 comments:
LOVE the mutton bustin! Looks like loads of fun. I always love the fair. Yeah, I am like that.
Fun! You should come visit some time during the annual Chandler, AZ Ostrich Festival. They do mutton busting as well as chicken, pig, and ostrich races! :) I love it!
AWESOME memory making, my dear! Imagine the stories they'll tell their grandkids while rocking in their rockers...
I thought I posted a comment..but it seems to have disappeard into space.. your family is too cute and too fun!!! Mutton Bustin.. too cute!!!
A month is to to to long. Miss your blog, and you. :)
Post a Comment