
I was born for warm weather! I took Sarah on a one-on-one date roller blading this weekend. The kids are always surprised I blade because I've let my blades get VERY dusty over the last 15 years. It's so cute how they marvel at the littlest tricks I do! I'm having so much fun I'm wondering why I let it go for so long????
All those years I spent blading growing up I never imagined teaching my children and here I am! I feel like I am living in a time black hole because it is all passing by so fast. And the wrinkles keep coming and there is no going back.
I took Russ roller blading when we were dating and let's just say I'm glad he's good at other things that impressed me. :) Roller blading...not his thing. Slam dunking a basketball...his thing. I think the last time he got out his blades was on our honeymoon on the beaches of San Diego!
So my other warm weather favorite we've been doing lately is
watersliding.

And I have devised my own UNBREAKABLE
waterslide I would recommend to everybody reading this. It is the ONLY way to go. Go to
Walmart fabric section. Buy many many (the more the better) yards of thick clear plastic. It will never break or rip. I've had 200 primary kids on ours several years in a row plus countless water slide parties and they are in like new condition. These self made
waterslides are the best! I should start a business. I've had several friends buy their own after using mine.
And my Alyssa graduated from preschool this weekend. She will always be the oldest being that she missed the deadline for kindergarten by 3 days. I've been a little nervous about this because I was always the youngest starting early and skipping a grade so my experience was opposite. But this will be great for her and me because I'll get to save for her college fund and enjoy her at home one extra year!

Poor thing had to bonk herself on the head with this thing to make music and she was totally scared all week about it that it was going to hurt! It was cute, but I tried it afterwards and it DID hurt!

Teacher Barbara and Teacher Grace
We are also spoiled this week to have my mom living with us. But she's at Costco ALLLL day working a traveling sales gig. Boo hoo. I can't get enough of her. She is my hero.
2 comments:
I love that you roller blade too! I always think that I must look like and "old mom" trying to look young. But I have fun and it sure beats chasing after Maya when she is on her bike or scooter.
love the rollerblading smooth tricks.. :) The waterslide thing is great.. expect its flat flat flat in texas.. at least here..we would have to search for a hill and well that would take a while!!!
Post a Comment