Monday, July 13, 2009

Dream the Impossible Dream

Have you ever had a dream so large, you dismissed it because it didn't seem possible? Well I did and it came true! Thanks to my mother-in-law who planned the most awesome day of fun ever for our family reunion, I got to do something I had only dreamed of.

Growing up on a trampoline, I've always thought it would be the coolest thing ever to have a room full of trampolines all attached to each other. I heard Bill Gates had one. I wished I was his friend just so I could jump in his trampoline room. Well, my dream came true in American Fork! This place, Jump on It, was more fun than I even imagined. Flipping, dodgeball, seat wars, and jumping from tramp and tramp with these guys were more fun than we ever imagined...
I don't think I have ever seen so many adults act like they were ten! It was like the movie Big or something.
If that wasn't enough, my mother-in-law planned so many activities that day that on the way home the kids happily exhausted said, "Wow. We did so much it felt like today was 3 days!"

So on family reunion day after Jump on It, we dined, we shopped for a shelter at the dollar store, we swam, we played human Foosball, made art out of chewed gum, and had a variety show just to name a few of the events. I asked the kids what their favorite part of the day was...and they forgot we went swimming after I had reminded them! Yes, the day was that jam packed.
The National Anthem being sung to kick off the Variety Show.The girls performing a dance made up by cuz Lizzie. SO cute.

Chad's favorite memory of the day was the rap group he formed with his cousins called "The White Hotties". The performed an original piece about meeting a hottie in their Ferrari. They even started their act with smoke and fireworks effects!
Alyssa crossing the stream to perform her act.
All week there were constant jokes about Chad's new car...it's a totally tricked out Escalade that was Snoop Dog's. Here they are posing with their gold teeth!


So totally loving my in-laws' clematis!
The temple open house was just what I needed. The Spirit in the celestial room was SO strong, it hit me like a ton of bricks.I took 6 kids to "Up", it made me cry, and then we dined on delish and cheap frozen yogurt bar style! This is when I'm happiest...out with the kids, having adventures.
Maybe the best highlight of my Utah trip (hard to choose though!)... I have ALWAYS wanted to milk a REAL cow! I am SO happy in this moment, I can't even describe it. For 50 cents at Wheeler Farm you can do this:And Chad LOOOOVES his pet birds, so I look for a place on every vacation where we can feed exotic birds.
We sparkled on the Fourth and climbed on top of our car to see distant fireworks. When was the last time you climbed on top of your car? I highly recommend it. It feels like you're getting away with something!
And those are just a few highlights of a fabulous week visiting loved ones. I also got to visit my college roomies whom I love like sisters! I grew more attached to my neices and nephews and enjoyed strengthening my relationships with all of my in-laws. I feel so very blessed to have had such a fulfilling week. Thank you to all of my in-laws for giving so much to make this all possible. Now it is five days later and I still need to unpack!

3 comments:

The Grant Family said...

Leah....how is it that you look better and better the older you get. Those trampoline pictues were AMAZING!!!

Glad you had a fun trip and that I even got to see you a bit. Next time we'll have to meet up with the kids at the beach at Daybreak. It's my new favorite spot.

Rebecca said...

wow.. what a great adventure..and what a great family you have to share all that fun with!!! :) you guys really know how to have a good time!! I am gonna try the top of the car thing.. sounds a little riskey.. the kids will love it!!!

cher said...

Wonderful posts. You're a great example for me of what I need to do as a mom.... Just get out and have fun! I let my OCD-esque stresses thwart many an adventure.

And also... you are a hot babe.

Btw... Mike and I are at this moment surfing online to find our perfect lot on your parent's lake. = )

(Not kidding...)