Thursday, January 7, 2010

Proud and Not So Proud Mothering Moments

Proud.
Proud.Proud.The Invite to Sarah's Mall Scavenger Hunt Birthday Party.
Still Proud.
They are so cute.

Not so proud.

Jumped off a flight of stairs and said her foot hurt. Never looked swollen or bruised. I said she'd be fine. A week later (after delivering all these invites, running around the church a dozen times helping at the baptism fireside for 3 hrs, and going to school limping on it for FOUR days), I finally take her to the doctor where they determine she broke her heel!!!!!! Wearing a cast now. Oh I feel so bad. Now she will have to be pushed around the mall for her birthday party scavenger hunt in a wheelchair, poor thing!

Kind of reminds me of another not so proud moment here:
I dared her to ride her bike down this HUGE ravine. HUGE. She was so scared. I bribed her to do it. I kept saying, "You won't get hurt. I know you can do it. I'll give you a dollar!" She upped the prize to 2 dollars and went for it after about 10 minutes of me talking her into it. I mean she had my word she wouldn't get hurt, right?
She fell and got hurt. Really hurt. Cried the whole way home.

Not proud of my judgement.

But proud of her!

3 comments:

The Grant Family said...

Those purse invites are soo adorably cute...as is the girl who made them! So sorry she has a broken heel. :(

Emily said...

Um, what a great idea to make the invitations into purses! So mall-alicious! I might have to swipe the idea.... I would be guilty of the same thing (suck it up, buttercup) since I'm always telling the kids they are fine....but we've never had it actually happen (that I know of). What a tough girl!! You are a good mom for taking her in!! See?

Rebecca said...

What darling invitations.. a stealer thats for sure!!! As for the less proud moments.. your brave enough to post them.. we all have them.. and if it make you feel better I broke my tibula.. that big main bone in your leg and my mom made me walk on it..finally got a cast up to my hip.. it happens.. and I turned out.. okay!!! :) Keep up the good work..good thing we are not perfect!!!